Reporter Tony Baxter returns to his childhood home of Simpson Falls with an axe to grind, determined to root out corruption. But his sleuthing of the Malleus Corporation’s investment in the town leads him down a dangerous path, where his own unresolved trauma lies in wait. Joined by friend and fellow lost soul Sonia Proud, Tony must confront the tragedy that shaped him deep in the New England woods— but if they aren’t careful, the malevolent forces in Simpson Falls won’t let them escape.
Listen to Dark Tome Undertow
Undertow: Simpson Falls, Episode 1
Undertow: Simpson Falls, Episode 2
Undertow: Simpson Falls, Episode 3
Undertow: Simpson Falls, Episode 4
Undertow: Simpson Falls, Episode 5
Undertow: Simpson Falls, Episode 6
Undertow: Simpson Falls, Episode 7
Undertow: Simpson Falls, Episode 8
Undertow: Simpson Falls, Episode 9
Undertow: Simpson Falls, Episode 10
The Dark Tome Undertow is an original audio movie created by Fred Greenhalgh.
Written by Fred Greenhalgh and Greg Tulonen. Story by Fred Greenhalgh, William Dufris, Barry Dodd, and Greg Tulonen. Based on The Dark Tome, created by Fred Greenhalgh and William Dufris. Story consulting by Christopher Reynaga and Marguerite Croft. Sensitivity consulting by Maulian Dana.
The Dark Tome: Undertow features the talents of:
- Tony Aidan Vo as Tony Baxter
- Stephanie Diaz as Sonia Proud
- Jason Grasl as Ricky Hill and “X” human form
- Colleen A. Madden as Melissa
- Anna Carvalho as Maria
- Herbie Madden as Young Tony
- Vivian Madden as Young Melissa
- Denise Poirier as Receptionist, Dispatcher, and Roberta
- Graham Rowat as Edwin, Guard, and Drunk
- Holly Adams as Tanja and Waitress
- Kim Gordon as Cynthia
- Lisa Stathoplos as Mainah Mom and Jackie
- Lukie Crowell as Kid Ricky
- Maiya Koloski as Skeptical Teen
- Moira Driscoll as Nurse Cote and Psychologist’s Office
- Nathan Dana Aldritch as Marty
- Ned Donovan as Billy the Clown
- Paul Bellefeuille as Bartender, Local Man and Reporter
- Peter Berkrot as Sheriff
- PJ Ochlan as Scott, Manager, Town Assessor, and Drunk
- Ray Porter as Digby
- Richard Fish as Radio DJ
- Richard McGonagle as Dr. Leopold
- Sam Mowry as Monster, and Trucker
- Tim Sample as Mr. Gussy
- Wendy Tremont King as Madge
- William Steele as Psychologist
- Additional voices by the cast
Directed and Produced by Fred Greenhalgh.
Dialogue editing and sound design by Jason DeWald of Audio Evolutions. Additional sound by Mind’s Eye Productions. Final mix by Fred Greenhalgh. Original score by Hubert Campbell. Theme song, “Here My Friend Your Future” by Frank Schulmeyer.
Feat. the songs “Little Lorrie” and “Mesquite Street” by Carolyn Kendrick and the song “I Own the Road” by The Don Campbell band, used by permission from the artists.
Land Acknowledgement: The Dark Tome: Undertow was produced from lockdown with distributed performers across continental North America, in locations traditionally stewarded by numerous Indigenous tribes. The home base of Dagaz Media is in York County, Maine, ancestral land of the Wabanaki Confederacy. The fictionalized location of Simpson Falls, Maine, is inspired by the Penobscot County region of Maine, the ancestral land of the Penobscot Nation, the oldest continuous government in the world.
Special Thanks to Christopher Reynaga and the Point Mystic Podcast, Emily Burnham, and Mary Sangiovanni.
The Dark Tome is a Dagaz Media Production.
Behind the Scenes of Dark Tome Undertow
What fun we had collaborating with actors all across the United States. Welcome to the new world of decentralized recording (with hours of painstakingly designed real-world sounds to give it that sense of authenticity). This project was recorded completely remotely and utilizing union talent under a SAG-AFTRA New Media agreement.